Ural Federal University(URFU) Winter School 2022 application process has begun. The theme of this Winter School is the Soviet Heritage in Modern Russia.
Winter School 2022 will combine intensive Russian language courses with professional teachers, lectures on “Soviet Heritage” and Russian studies. Participants will join cultural events, workshops, and meetings with experts and special guests. It is a great chance to know Ekaterinburg and the Urals better: sightseeing tours around Soviet avant-garde architecture and visits to the nearby towns or villages are also planned. You will also be involved in Russian winter activities such as swimming in the hot springs of “Baden-Baden”.
What you will you get?
- Certificate of accomplishment of the Winter School
- 3 ECTS for Russian language classes
- 1 ECTS for Russian Studies lectures & workshops
- Russian winter experience
The course on Russian as a foreign language will be held for students of different language levels (A0-C1) in groups of 5-10 people.
To join the School, you should
- Be at least 18 by the start of the program.
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent.
- Present a clear, informative, and strong Motivation letter describing the facts about the applicant’s academic background, knowledge, and skills, and proof of the applicant’s high interest to participate in the School.
- Have fluency in the English language in order to imply the utmost participation in seminars, lectures, tours, workshops, and meetings on Russian Studies.
- Be responsible and enthusiastic.
To apply and become a part of the “Russian Studies in Real Russia” adventure, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Attention! The application deadline is December 1.
Ural Federal University is one of the leading universities in Russia that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2020. UrFU is located in Yekaterinburg, the capital of the World Summer Student Games 2023. The University has initiated the establishment of the Ural Interregional Research and Education Center — ‘Advanced Industrial Technologies and Materials’ and is its project office designed for solving tasks of the "Science" National Project.